8 Hours of Hurkey Creek
During the Spring, the folks at Adrenalin hold an 8-hour race in addition to their normal 24-hour event. Four of my teammates and I thought it would be a perfect time to test out new gear, nutrition, pace...
Here's a few pics of the fun in the sun:
Man it was hot and I wasn't quite ready for racing in the high temps...97 degrees in the shade!!
- Monica for everything that goes along with pre-race preparations.
- Lynda, my coach. Legs felt great the whole time but heat really threw me a curve ball.
- Sam from X-fusion. He was Lou's support but he helped out Matt, Sarah and I on every lap. I won't mind putting X-fusion forks and shocks through the wringer. =)
- Gillian (aka Lucky) and former WS teammate Andy. They were the pit crew for Josh and Bern but they really helped me out...much appreciated. You ROCK Gilly!
- Keith B for support in the pit and some of the photos.
- Tim & Sherry from Switchback Cyclery for getting the bike race ready.
- Mr 24, Jeff Kerkove, and Steve for the Ergon grips. They worked great!
- The folks at Sho-air and Rock N' Road Cyclery
- All the team Sho-air sponsors
- The volunteers at aid #1 & #2 that gave me ice cold water every lap
I'd also like to thank Metallica and Iron Maiden for providing an awesome soundtrack for my last few laps!!! =)